We often feel so conscious to eat spaghetti at a restaurant because everything gets too messy and you don’t want to embarrass yourself. But nobody cares about messy things when you are at home. We have come up with an easy recipe to make spaghetti and enjoy it in the comfort of your homes with friends and family.
- 400 grams of Spaghetti Pasta
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Red Chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons Mixed Herbs (Dried)
- 6 Artisan Deli- streaky bacon infused with Bacon strips, cut into small pieces
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 Stalk Parsley leaves, chopped
- We shall start by boiling the spaghetti pasta first. Heat a saucepan with enough water and allow it to come to a brisk boil. Once you notice that the once calm water is at unrest and starts to boil, add your spaghetti pasta, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Boil the pasta until it is al dente; that is just cooked. Make sure you scream al dente in your Italian accent. Let your neighbours know that Italian food is not the only thing you know. When the pasta is cooked, strain the water and run it under cold tap water – this will stop the cooking process and the spaghetti pasta will remain firm.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the spaghetti pasta and make sure you toss it well. Make sure your pasta is still in the bowl and not tossed outside of it. So be a little gentle, once done, keep the pasta aside.
- Now, the most awaited part! Heat a saucepan and add the chopped Artisan Deli streaky bacon infused with whiskey bacon strips and cook until the bacon has become crisp. Resist your urge to eat them all now, I promise what awaits you is better. Once done, take them out, leaving the excess fat in the pan. You can either choose to discard the fat or use it instead of olive oil for the pasta.
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pour it into the same pan, add garlic and sauté until it is a beautiful light brown.
- Add in some red chilli flakes, dried herbs and stir for a few seconds. Stir in the cooked pasta and toss well for the rich taste of flavour and smell.
- As soon as you have thoroughly mixed the spaghetti pasta with the herbs, stir in the crispy bacon strips and toss well. If you couldn’t help yourself then please repeat step 4 again. Sprinkle salt and check if the seasonings are perfect. Adjust the salt and seasoning according to your taste.
- Finito, turn off the heat.
- Transfer the Artisan Deli Bacon Spaghetti onto a serving plate and grate some parmesan cheese on top. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Give yourself a pat on the back! You just did it! Time to get messy while you eat spaghetti. Like always, share your messy moments on Instagram @artisandelibnb.